Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Summer hiatus is over, and a toothbrush

After my long and certainly woe-inducing absence, I once again return to share my tales of knitting, science and everything else. To catch you up:

1. The countdown to candidacy has officially begun (date is set!) and therefore the requisite freaking out will commence shortly.

2. Science has had some recent ups and downs, most recently an up. Therefore, all is well at work.3. I love my new toothbrush. It has a little bend backwards, which makes all of your teeth so easy to clean. I like how simple the design is, too. It is from Preserve, which recycles #5 plastics and turns them into pretty things.

Apparently most community recycling programs can't handle these dense #5 plastics, so they end up in landfills. Now, I'm not trying to get on a hippie-high-horse, but this seems pretty cool to me. Plus they also recycle Brita filters.
I want these next. 100% recycled materials, dishwasher safe, and if I totally muck them up, re-recyclable, natch.

No comments: