Monday, July 7, 2008

Christmas thoughts...

To start, I'm not obsessed, I do not like "It's a Wonderful Life," and I do not have a year round Christmas countdown. But when you are a) broke b) a knitter, logic would suppose that most of your Christmas gifts will be hand made. So as mentioned, I am planning already.
Today I was thinking about my boss and secretary in particular. I started by thinking a simple scarf with a yummy yarn would have to be appreciated by everyone. But that's coming from a person who appreciates a homemade gift. I would hate hate hate for her to feel obligated to wear it to work because of me and then feel ridiculous. So now I'm considering gifts for the home; baskets, grocery bag holder, wine cozy and the like.

I guess I'm saying it's easier to give a bad gift to someone you don't have to see much. Keep that in mind when you get your fun-fur scarf.

No comments: