...Amsterdam! This past week I was lucky enough to attend EuroPneumo (yup, really what it's called). It was 4 packed days of pneumococcal disease - and I was stoked.
Of course it wasn't all rainbows and canals. In true cursed-me form, the traveling was a nightmare. Notable hiccups in chronological order:
- leaving my poster at security
- having my plane from Columbus delayed 1.5 hours
- consequently having my layover in Detroit reduced from 1.5 hours to 0
- alternately sprinting and heaving in the Detroit airport
- leaving my passport on the airplane in Schipol (seriously, who does this?)
- not being able to find the baggage carousel
- finding the baggage carousel and realizing my bag was not on it
- realizing I'd lost the claim ticket for the bag when I left the passport on the plane
- realizing the bag had the Fella's identification information on it instead of mine
- being hoodwinked by a Dutch cab driver/arguing with a Dutch cab driver
- realizing that not having luggage also meant not having pajamas (bonus points since sharing a room with my boss)
- finding out there were mosquitoes in our room and waking up to a quarter-sized itchy red bullseye on my forehead
- remembering no luggage also means no makeup
and that was just the first 24 hours. Huzzah! But seriously, never travel with me.