Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Science slump

Unfortunately, new fall classes and new projects at work are making me all stressed and annoyed and thusly, needing a slouchy hat. Famous and cool people are wearing them, and that's good enough for me.


However, I'm knitting this beret on the sly. Periodically, I find myself so bogged down in UFOs, that I take on some small project with the zeal to finish it in three days or less. This was true of the legwarmers, true of the slippers, and now nearly true (Friday at the latest) for my beret.

Mine will be of my favorite Lion Brand Wool-Ease ($3.00/skein) in the "mushroom" colorway. It looks surprisingly like the color of mushrooms. And now that I think of it, it will probably look like a mushroom on my head, what with the floppiness. Is that good or bad?

No comments: