Sunday, October 24, 2010

Cuddly fall knits

Admission: yarn sometimes sits in my stash for a long time. Like, years. Some of it is for projects that never materialized (like the totes gorgeous olive yarn I bought to make a Melissa Wehrle cardigan which I will still make!!). Some yarn is just waiting for the right project...


I had two skeins of Cheval Blanc Flamme (don't get excited, the website's in French) that were a kind gift from my B from Paris. I struggled with the nubby texture and variegated color to find the right pattern to make this look cozy and luxe.

Cue cool fall air and my firm belief that cowls are going to be HUGE this winter. You heard it here. Cowls. Huge.

I wanted something cabled, to add bulk and up the cozy factor. I decided on the Tuesday Night Cowl, by I'm Knitting as Fast as I Can. The cables are subtle and scrunch in a pretty way to add texture to the cowl.

It's nearly knit. I just need to decide whether I want to seam it or add some buttons. Probably buttons, because cowl over head + dry winter weather = static city.

No comments: