Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It's the little things.


Ok, if anyone was wondering what $4.60 worth of happiness looked like, I'll tell you. It looks like a discount alstroemeria bouquet at Giant Eagle. I was bumming about my annual review for school, and not feeling 100% about my DIY vase weekend.

A few flowers changed my disposition entirely. The majority of the bouquet went in my room to cheer me at the beginning and end of crappy days.

But a few select blooms got the snip and were placed in strategic bud vases ($2.99 for 4 from Target earlier this summer. Love.) "Strategic" as in placed in places that normally induce morning I-hate-work frowns: the alarm clock, the bathroom sink, and my dresser drawer.

John and Sherry at YoungHouseLove do a monthly bouquet to freshen things up. I didn't think I was worthy since I live in a glorified frat house... but they're totally cheery! Definitely something worth considering, especially as winter blahs set in.

No comments: