Sunday, June 8, 2008

Columbus.... Mecca for Needle Arts?

Thanks to ravelry (my knitting lifeline), I found out that there are not one but TWO yarn-related conventions in Columbus this month (probably not by coincidence). The first is the National NeedleArts Association trade show. Obviously I can't go, but nonetheless, it's going on right here, right now. During dinner last night at Elevator (yum), I overheard two women (with large, yarn-filled bags) discussing novelty yarns and Elizabeth Zimmermann. So there.



And Wednesday-Saturday is the Knitters Connection convention. This is open to the public, for a fee, and I'm seriously considering taking a an intro to Fair Isle, Norwegian and Armenian colorwork (oh my!) If nothing else, I absolutely will not miss the yarn market (yum!)



I need a few more projects, anyway.

No comments: